AT least 14 persons, believed to be relatives of the Kano State of Assembly member, Hon Kabiru Hassan Gashir, representing Kiru Constituency, suffered varying degree of burns in domestic fire incident at his official residence at Farawa quarters of Kano metropolis.



It was gathered that nine of the victims, who suffered severe burns were immediately rushed to Dala Orthopedic Hospital, while the other five were admitted at the Emergency ward of the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital. An eyewitness, disclosed that the fire, which engulfed the entire residence, occurred yesterday evening when a cooking gas exploded and engulfed the entire building, while the enraging fire startled the house maid. Furthermore, the eyewitness, disclosed that most of the victims were reportedly rescued by a teeming crowd, including concerned members of the public, who flooded the vicinity to also rescue trapped victims in the blazing building. However, the incident happened in the absence of Hon Kabiru Hassan Gashir, who is currently in the Holy City of Mecca to perform the lesser hajj.